Anyone can pattern test for SeamstressErin Designs. Yes, that means you too! If you’re interested, sign up below.
Some FAQs about pattern testing for SeamstressErin Designs:
Do I need to blog?
Nope. You do not need to have a blog or to be active on social media to pattern test for SeamstressErin Designs. You are welcome to share your pattern testing experience on your blog or social media after the pattern is released, but it is not required.
What if my measurements don’t fit in one size?
Totally fine. Mine don’t either! Just let me know what sizes you graded between for your test-sew.
What if I’m a beginning sewist?
Great! Beginning, intermediate, and advanced sewists are welcome to pattern test. I’ll let you know what difficulty I consider each pattern as I send it out (and of course that’s one things that I check with testers to see if they agree with my difficulty rating). Having a full range of experience testing my patterns makes them better – beginning sewists are the best at telling me where I might be able to make my instructions more clear and advanced sewists often have great ideas about techniques or modifications.
What is the process?
- Sign up to be a pattern tester for SeamstressErin Designs below.
- When I have a pattern that is ready to go out for testing, I email everyone on the pattern testing list, briefly describing the pattern. Testers that are interested in testing the pattern will have the opportunity to respond and sign up to test that pattern.
- I will email a pdf of the pattern and instructions to testers as well as a questionnaire that will be asking you for feedback about fit and instructions.
- As I receive feedback from testers, I may send additional emails containing pattern or instructional updates.
- When the pattern is released, you are welcome to share about your garment or testing experience on social media but you are not required to.
- I will send testers a complimentary copy of the finished pattern when it is released.
- Since there are more potential pattern testers than testing opportunities in some sizes, I may keep separate lists of people who have already tested for me and people who haven’t so that I can spread the love around and eventually give everyone interested the chance to pattern test.
What do pattern testers do?
Pattern testers make SeamstressErin Designs possible! They sew up a draft version of an almost-finished pattern using almost-finished instructions and give me feedback on sizing, fit, instructions, and design so that my final release can be as perfect as possible.
Do pattern testers get to keep their finished projects?
Yes! Your project is yours to keep. I appreciate it if you send me glamour shots that I can use on my website and social media of your finished project, but they are not required. All that I require is your written feedback and a few for-our-eyes-only photos that show off fit.
Do you invite specific pattern testers?
Rarely. The vast majority of my pattern testers have signed up to be pattern testers, just like you can below. Occasionally, I may reach out to friends (IRL or online) that fill specific size niches if I don’t already have enough testers in specific sizes.