I whipped up a couple of woven tees last Saturday afternoon. I used my bodice block and simply took out the darts. I started with a drapey purple fabric (likely rayon) that I had recently pulled out to make my Chevrons, Colorblock, and Derp Skirt. I added a little pocket to the chest to give it some interest.
The second shirt I made a bit longer with a V neck. I’m afraid that with the blue color and the V-neck it looks a scrub top.
I added pink piping to the neckline to spice it up. Here’s where the ends join.
The third shirt I lengthened the sleeves to show off the stripe in the fabric.
I widened the back a bit and added darts. I cut the back out of a different fabric because I didn’t quite have enough of the main fabric to fit it all.
I played around with how to finish the neck. For the purple shirt, I made a facing. For the second shirt I used double fold bias tape partially open so it is wide enough to act similar to a small facing.
All three shirts I made from gift fabric. The three main fabrics were from a friend about a year ago and the yellow backing was a recent gift. Thanks to both of the lovely ladies that gave me the fabric!