Hey! I’m Erin Weisbart (neé Erin Currie), a.k.a. SeamstressErin. I look at Every Day as another chance to play Dress Up. I love bright colors, flowers and things that sparkle. I’m obsessed with fabric and when I’m not sewing clothing you can find me knitting, quilting, crafting and doing needlework. I have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and I’m the owner of SeamstressErin Designs pattern company.
I write patterns to empower other women to play Dress Up Every Day. Whether that means a comfortable knit skirt or a silver lamé party dress, I believe every woman should be able to decide what Dress Up means for herself and that she should feel confident and beautiful in her own skin playing Dress Up. (Read more about my Mission.)
SeamstressErin Designs patterns are designed on Vashon, a small island off of Seattle, where I live with my husband and our cat Tig. A West Coaster through-and-through, I’ve also lived in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco.
I love sharing my love of sewing with others. I’ve been blogging about sewing and other creative pursuits for years. I share finished projects, tutorials and host sewalongs on my blog. I have taught sewing at Maker Faire Bay Area, appeared on Sew It All TV, and written patterns for Sew News, Sew It All, and Sewing World Magazines, and for One Yard Wonders: Fabric by Fabric and One Yard Wonders: Little One Yard Wonders books. For more about where else you can find me online and in print, click here.
Thanks for stopping by! I’d love to hear from you, so leave a comment on my blog, drop me an Email, post something on my Facebook page, join me on Instagram, or tweet me a hello. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog feed and sign up to be notified about future pattern releases.
Are You a New Reader?
Want to get to know me or SeamstressErin Designs a bit more?
- Check out the patterns I have written.
- Poke around my closet to see how I play Dress Up or peruse the many tutorials I have written.
- My favorite blog posts include a series of interviews with other sewing bloggers on their personal connection between Sewing & Style.
- My husband and I took a 4 month honeymoon and traveled around the world. I wrote about the textiles I encountered along the way.
- I often post my week in pictures. Look through them for a visual glimpse into my life.
- Read F.A.Q’s about me and SeamstressErin Designs